On 6 April 2020, Captain Tom Moore set out round his garden to thank our NHS heroes. One hundred laps later, he’d raised an incredible £38.9 million for the NHS Covid-19 appeal.
His simple message of hope – “Tomorrow will be a good day” – inspired millions around the world and brought comfort and joy to so many during the pandemic.
Now it’s your turn to build on that legacy. Friday 30 April would have been his 101st birthday and to honour him and his amazing achievements, The Captain Tom Foundation would love everyone, of all ages and abilities, to take part in the Captain Tom 100.
Everyone is invited to take on a challenge around the number 100 anytime and anywhere over Captain Tom's birthday weekend.
It's so simple, take on your 100 any time between Friday 30 April and Monday 3 May then make a donation to The Captain Tom Foundation. Share your 100 with us by sending a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make a display and website page to share with everyone.
· List 100; can you name 100, names, celebrities, books, films, songs
· Walk, run, jog, ride 100 laps of your garden/park
· Make and sell 100 cupcakes/buns/biscuits
· Can you fit 100 things into a small box (match box size)
· Can you fit 100 things on a 100cm piece of string
· Make a chain of 100 things
· Find 100 leaves/twigs
· Can you arrange twigs/leaves/flowers in the shape of 100
· Can you draw/doodle 100 things
· Can you design a medal/draw or paint Captain Tom
· 100 squats/press ups/keepie uppies
· 100 bounces on the trampoline
· 100 throwing and catching a ball without dropping