Home Link

St Peter's and Clifton CE VC Primary School

Search Search
Translate Translate

Complaints Procedure

Please see the below document to view our Complaints procedure.

The difference between a concern and a complaint


concern may be defined as ‘an expression of worry or doubt over an issue considered to be important for which reassurances are sought’.

complaint may be defined as ‘an expression of dissatisfaction however made, about actions taken or a lack of action’.

It is in everyone’s interest that concerns and complaints are resolved at the earliest possible stage. Many issues can be resolved informally, without the need to use the formal stages of the complaints procedure. St Peter’s and Clifton CE VC Primary School takes concerns seriously and will make every effort to resolve the matter as quickly as possible.

If you have difficulty discussing a concern with a particular member of staff such as your child's teacher, we will respect your views. In these cases, Mr P Patel, School Business Manager will refer you to another staff member. Similarly, if the member of staff directly involved feels unable to deal with a concern, Mr Patel will refer you to another staff member. The member of staff may be more senior but does not have to be. The ability to consider the concern objectively and impartially is more important.

We understand however, that there are occasions when people would like to raise their concerns formally. In this case, Mrs A Halley will attempt to resolve the issue internally, through the stages outlined within this complaints procedure.


How to raise a concern or make a complaint

A concern or complaint can be made in person, in writing or by telephone. They may also be made by a third party acting on behalf on a complainant, as long as they have appropriate consent to do so. We prefer formal complaints to be clearly written on the complaints form at the back of the Complaints Policy. These are available for collection from the school office. 


Concerns should be raised with either the class teacher or headteacher. If the issue remains unresolved, the next step is to make a formal complaint.


Once a formal complaint is submitted on the complaints form, the Complaints Policy will be followed through.


For ease of use, a template complaint form can be found below. If you require help in completing the form, please contact the school office. You can also ask third party organisations like the Citizens Advice to help you.

Business Manager - Mr Pritesh Patel. Email

Chair of Governors - Mr Andrew York . Email