Hello Year 3
We hope you are all healthy and keeping yourselves busy!
Please continue to work on the home learning packs sent through before the school closure this week and continue to use the additional tasks from the home learning information we provided.
We will continue to update mathletics weekly so that you can earn lots of points and practice your maths skills. Extra tasks for this week and over Easter:
- Design an Easter egg - use interesting patterns and colour. You can find colouring sheets on the computer if you prefer.
- Baking / English - Make some Easter Nests using chocolate, rice crispies/shredded wheat and chocolate mini eggs. Write some instructions using imperative verbs and time openers and draw pictures to illustrate.
- Art - Make an Easter card for a grandparent / family member / neighbour.
- RE - Complete the RE Easter tasks that were added last week.
- French - can you find out any Easter words in French ? Can you find out how French children and families celebrate Easter?
Keep safe and well!
- Log into your Mathletics and revisit areas we have already learnt this year, practice the tasks within the areas and earn as many points as you can.
- Websites such as snappymaths.com and coolmathgames.com have resources and games to access linked to learning objectives
- Mathletics has many E-books to download and print that you can access at home.
- Log into TTRockstars and practice your times tables.
- Mrs Homer/Mrs Sadiq will ensure tasks are up to date regularly for everyone to access.
- If you have books to read at home – take time to enjoy your favourite books and record the books you have read in your reading record.
- Write a book review of a book you have read – what was the book about? Who would enjoy the book? What did you like/dislike?
- Write a description of a character from a book you have read
- Draw a picture of a character from the book
- Design a new front cover for a book that you have read
- Write a letter to the author of the book you have read telling them why you enjoyed their book
- Use the internet to find out facts about the author of a book you have read
- Revisit the spellings that we have been learning in Year 3 by practicing the words.
- Write a class prayer that we could use in school. Think about our school vision and St Peter’s Spirit!
- Our Summer term topic is Ancient Greece – find out information and make a fact file/poster to share in class.
Useful Website Links
The teachers are members of the website ‘Twinkl’.
Twinkl are offering parents 1 months free premium membership where you can download and print additional learning resources to support your child’s learning at home.
Go to www.twinkl.co.uk/offer and enter the code ‘UKTWINKLHELPS’
We hope that you and your families stay well over this time.
The Year 3 Team