Knowledge and Understanding of the World
Look at similarities and differences in places, objects, materials and living things
Make observations of plants and animals explain why some things occur, and talk about changes.
Talk about the features of our own immediate environment and how environments may vary from one another
Health and Self Care:
Know the importance for good health of physical exercise, and a healthy diet, and talk about ways to keep healthy and safe
- Children know about similarities and differences in relation to living things.
- Children make observations of animals and plants and explain why somethings occur, and talk about changes.
- Children know about similarities and differences in objects and materials
- Children know about similarities and differences in relation to places.
- They talk about the features of their own immediate environment and how environments may vary from one another
- Learn about location of animals and how features of animals relates to their environment
Health and Self Care
- Eat a healthy range of foodstuffs and understand a need for variety in food.
- Show some understanding that good practices with regard to exercise, eating, sleeping and hygiene can contribute to Good health.
- Comparing myself to when I was a baby and now (growth)
- Keeping Healthy / Our bodies /my senses/ How do I feel after exercise?
- Bread making
- Seasonal changes – Autumn
- Light and Dark investigation – glow in the dark stars.
- Investigating animals and how they hibernate
- Use our senses to observe ice melting
- Life cycle of a chick – record changes over time
- Discuss how animals (polar bears and penguins) adapt to different environments - cold climates
- Seasonal changes – winter / spring
- Planting seeds – how do I make a seed grow?
- Introduce new vocabulary - parts of a plant
- Observe plants as they grow and record changes (including decay).
- Properties of materials – building a house for The Three Little Pigs
- Make a gingerbread man
- Floating / sinking investigation.
- Identify, name and talk about mini-beasts in the local environment.
- Jungle habitats
- Animal camouflage
- Seasonal changes – summer.
- Farm visit