Knowledge and Understanding of the World
People and Communities:
Talk about past and present events in their own lives and know how they are similar and different to others.
Look at similarities and differences between ourselves and other traditions and be sensitive to these traditions
Look at similarities and differences in living things. We will make observations of plants and say why things change.
People and Communities
- Enjoys joining in with family customs and routines.
- Children talk about the past and present events in their own lives and in the lives of family members.
- They know that other children don’t always enjoy the same things, and are sensitive to this.
- They know about similarities and differences between themselves and others, and among families and communities
- Children know about similarities and differences in relation to living things.
- Children make observations of animals and plants and explain why somethings occur, and talk about changes.
- Sequence and talk about how I have grown and changed over time.
- Talk about my family and what we like / remembering experiences, special events and family traditions
- Remembrance Day
- Diwali traditions
- Christmas traditions.
- Seasonal Changes autumn
- Talk about my families cultures and differences with others – Chinese New Year
- Pancake day traditions
- St Georges Day
- Talk about and sequence Life cycle of a chick – changes over time.
- Talk about differences between own and other’s cultures, family traditions and celebrations – Easter
- Seasonal changes winter and spring
- Talk about and sequence lifecycle of a plant (including decay)
- Seasonal changes – summer
- Remember family holidays