Knowledge and Understanding of the World
People and Communities:
Talk about past and present events in their own lives and know how they are similar and different to others.
Look at similarities and differences between ourselves and other traditions and be sensitive to these traditions
Look at similarities and differences in objects and materials
Look at similarities and differences in living things. We will make observations of plants and say why things change
Talk about the features of our own immediate environment and how environments may vary from one another
People and Communities
- Enjoy joining in with family customs and routines.
- Children talk about the past and present events in their own lives and in the lives of family members.
- They know that other children don’t always enjoy the same things, and are sensitive to this.
- They know about similarities and differences between themselves and others, and among families and communities
- Children know about similarities and differences in relation to living things.
- Children make observations of animals and plants and explain why somethings occur, and talk about changes.
- Children know about similarities and differences in objects and materials
- Children know about similarities and differences in relation to places.
- Children will find out about location of animals and how features of animals relate to their environment
- Talk about my house and who lives there.
- Talk about the place where I live and the places I visit.
- Where I got to school / how I get to school.
- Diwali – Life in India
- Seasonal changes - Autumn
- Chinese New Year –Compare to our celebrations / Life in China
- Hibernation and migration.
- What does a seed need to grow?
- Explore and find out about polar bears and penguins – how does their environment differ from where we live?
- Life cycles - Chicken
- Seasonal changes – winter / Spring
- Name and compare different building materials – The Three Little Pigs
- Jungle animals – habitats
- Locate and explore where the Amazon, African and Asian Jungle
- Seasonal changes – summer
- Farm visit